What to Note When Installing Radar Flow Meters
As a new type of measuring device, radar flow meter has won a large popularity in these recent years. To ensure its measuring effect and extend its service life, correct installation is the prerequisite.
How to Install
1. Choose a suitable installation point :The Radar flow meter should be installed above the channel or river in a straight section with regular cross-section, no vortex, no backflow, and in the center of the channel or river as far as possible;
2. Avoid that the velocity probe directly faces the water flow with a large drop;
3. Avoid installing the flow meter in front of the gate or above the reservoir with undercurrent as this place features reduced water level but the undercurrent under the water surface cannot cause a stable flow velocity on the surface;
4. Do not install at the culvert exit, mountain pass air duct and other places where is easy to generate wind since the wind has a certain influence on the measurement of low flow velocity;
5. Install the radar flow meters in countercurrent as far as possible.